Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day Post Blog

I missed a couple of blogs...largely because of Mother's Day. It was my mom's first one after Dad died. I took her out to eat and ice cream after balloons and a gift card. I know that doesn't seem like much but then I had lunch with some writer friends Monday and I have a funeral to attend tomorrow...that is something I'm dreading.

I've been trying to write off and on since I returned from a writer's con in Atlanta...

That conference was a nice excuse to hang with some friends but I was disappointed in reader turnout and I got a great gift from a fan!



I know part of the problem is I haven't had anything new out...other than the YA and that con wasn't really drawing YA readers. But I spent money on things at the con and a few people showed up...while others had full rooms. So not the right event for me.

Right now I'm struggling to get the writing going. I need to jump start my energy...exercise maybe?
Hopefully that'll help me start writing! Small steps...

Luckily I'll be at a conference that is more all genre and PG friendly in June!


No comments:

Post a Comment